PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SEE CATS AVAILABLE AT OUR ADOPTION CENTER!
NHS cats are back again at our remote-adoption partners, listed here! Cats and kittens available at our Adoption Center in Fernandina Beach are listed below the remote-adoption sites. Come meet your new best friend!
Mobile device users: Rotate to horizontal view to see more cats in a row.
PetSmart — River City Marketplace
Pet Supermarket – Amelia Island.
Petsense – St. Marys, GA
NHS Adoption Center
Nassau Humane Society’s goal is to place our animals in their forever homes and in order to do this, we need to make sure that the dog or cat and the family are well matched. Our application process is necessary to achieve this goal. There are many variables that go into making these decisions so we review each adoption on a case by case basis. Our staff will respond to applications and inquiries via emails and phone calls as quickly as possible.
Here are some of our adoption policies:
- Walk-ins are welcome during our hours of operation.
- We do same day adoptions IF the pet is a good fit for your family. We strongly encourage you to submit an adoption application prior to your visit to help with the process. During busy adoption hours it may take much longer if the application has to be filled out and reviewed at that time.
- While most of our available animals are at the facility, some that you see on the website may be in foster care.
- We want all members of the household (including current canines) to come and meet the dog when adopting so that we can be sure you have the perfect fit for your home.
- Veterinarian records will be checked for all existing pets in the household. If your pet is not up to date on vaccinations or heartworm preventative, your adoption application will be denied.
- If an animal has “special requests” such as a fence or no small children in the house, these guidelines will not be excused for any reason.